Budgeting for a Coordinator: Is it worth THAT much money?
Welcome back to Perfect Event’s by Jan. Today we are talking about budgets. Let’s face it weddings cost a lot of money. The coordinator is the Event Director who is going to bring everyone together to ensure perfect execution! The wedding party will enjoy the day and trust the coordinator will handle everything.
Traditionally there are at least 3 separate events for most weddings.
1. Rehearsal with rehearsal dinner
Multicultural weddings can be even more complicated, with added layers of challenges as there is often more than one ceremony and one celebration.
Even if all of these events happen at the same venue each one requires planning, budgeting, scheduling, set-up and clean up. The church and venue coordinators have a very narrow scope. The church coordinator will ensure the church protocols are followed and the venue coordinator will ensure the facility is managed but it is your wedding coordinator who is going to pull it all together.
You want a professional and experienced coordinator who will handle all difficult situations, both personal and professional. As your coordinator I will be the calm voice of reason who ensures everyone is comfortable.
Some of the vendors or people working your wedding:
1. Officiant (church coordinator, servers, musicians, vocalist).
2. Food and drinks (catering manager, servers, bar tenders,baker, barista, valet).
3. Design and décor of all locations, florist (bouquets, boutonnieres,center pieces, pew bows, etc.).
4. Set up and take down of all special notification(seating charts, memory table, signs and directions)
5. Rental companies (tents, furniture, linens, tuxedo)
6. Music (band, DJ, orchestra, musicians)
7. Beauty and grooming for men and woman (hair, makeup,spa services, barber)
10. Venue Coordinator (facility, kitchen, coat check, valet etc.)
11. Hotel welcome
12. Stationary(program, menu, seating card)
13. Safety and Security
14. Transportation(airport, between venues, hotel)
At Perfect Events by Jan we are all Team Players! We pitch in and pitch hit. No job is above or below us. We look at events holistically – even details we are not responsible for.
It is everyone’s job to get it done. No job is above or below us. Our purpose is to ensure everyone supports and collaborates with each other. The bridal party will be celebrating and supporting the bride emotionally and sharing the joy of the day. We will be taking care of the logistics such as making sure the facility is decorated, lunch is being picked up, everyone is present at the right time for the photographer, etc.
A qualified planner and coordinator know what can go wrong and has the knowledge and experience to predict and prevent problems. A professional Coordinator is absolutely essential and Perfect Events by Jan will earn every dollar.